Monday, February 15, 2010

Finding Happiness in the Simple Things in Life

I'm a stay at home mommy and have a beautiful, healthy baby boy who turns 11 months this week. Every moment that I get to spend with him is wonderful and unique. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely times when I feel like pulling my hair out of place, but I guess it's normal. I just wanted to point out something that my son did today. It was almost his bathtime so I took him into my room so we could play on the bed for a little while. I had already layed out his pj's and diaper. All of a sudden Erik grabs his diaper and starts biting it, which is completly normal. After a little while he started to wave the diaper up and down like a crazy babt gone wild. The action of waving the diaper just made him so happy. He had the biggest smile on his face. Then I got to thinking how the most simple things can make my son lit up. This time it was a diaper, on other ocassions it can be a song, a certain book or a many other things. Then I thought how I wish I could be like that. It hit me right then and there that my son makes me feel that way. Everything he does just makes me so happy. Whether it be the sound of his cries when he wakes up un his crib, his smile when he's just waken up in my bed, how he gets scared when he changes the channel and static noise starts to roar...he's my son! I thank God everyday for having given him to me to take care of until Erik can take care of himself.

I was in a sappy mood today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment