Saturday, February 20, 2010

Birthday Party!


I can't believe my son turns 1 year old next month. I'm super exited because I already have an idea in my head about what I want to do for his b-day party. I know a lot of people who went all out when it came to their kid's 1st birthday but, I think it was more for the adults. My husband and I are definitely going to go the opposite way. I think a small, intimate family and close friend family gathering is the way to go. Then again, this is just my opinion so I hope no one takes any offense.

I'm more than sure that the theme is going to be mod monkey because my boy loves the 5 little monkeys song. Then again I'm not sure if that should be the whole theme because I also want the party to have hints of a traditional Korean birthday. In Korea, 1st birthdays are a huge deal...unless you're Korean you have no idea.

During this week I'm going to go out in search of all the party decor. I'm not sure if they sell these decorations in any shops in my town but, I do know for a fact that they're sold over the internet. Wish me luck :-)

I wanted to see if you have any ideas as to what things should be included in a baby's birthday party?? :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hoe exciting! And I agree with you! We did the exact same thing for Joao's 1st Bday. It was very intimate with family and friends and it turned out great and Joao had a great time also. He was using the walker at the time and he was going and going.. We plan to do the same this year.. but for his 3rd Bday we are going to do the Big party in Puerto Rico!!! Fingers crossed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, once the kids are bigger then the party can be big as well. As they get older they'll be able to enjoy the party more and participate in activities with other kids.

    It seems that you guys are like Dan and I in the sense that we like to visualize and plan ahead what things we would like to do with Erik.

    :-) I'm sure everything will turn out great!

    ReplyDelete